Sunday, June 5, 2011

Work Journal 1


Work Journal 1



Actually, my work has started almost one month. Worked as video reporter, I really appreciate this opportunity. The experience during the past month gave me a deeper understanding about my future career. This moment is a new turning point of my study process, I will use this blog to record all what I do in my intern.



Last week, the first work we did was a documentary. After I arrived at company, my manager told me they project to do a tourism program to introduce the famous scenic resorts in LA. They wanted to use this documentary to fulfill the blank space of Chinese tourism documentary in LA media market. We started our program around the middle of May. My colleagues used their social relations to contact our destinations. Eventually, we selected Hilton hotel and Getty museum. After several meetings, we decided to begin the shooting work last week. My work was following my director’ guide to coordinate all problems we met in the filming scene. There would be a lot of things for us to tackle before and during the process, like talking with the superintendents to get the permission to shot something which had copyright issue, keeping the order of the filming scene. This work cost us almost one whole day, we will complete the editing work around next week. In adddtion, this documentary is a Chinese version 'Discovery", we will keep on making it, and let it to be a serial.



The other work I did last week is story reporting. The Chinese and American Abacus Association held a ceremony to reword the students who possess the excellent abacus and mental mathematic skills. I worked as the camera man. Follow the guide of my director. I learned quite a lot about the composition of a picture while filming. He told me how to leave enough head space for the interviewer, how to adjust the light conditions. Based on the prior works I have done, my filming skill improved a lot. This work had been aired on our channel.



I will keep on working.

No comments:

Post a Comment