Saturday, July 2, 2011

Work Journal 5


This week, we met a lot of troubles, in terms of technology, copyright issues. But we overcame them eventually and continued to step forward.



On Monday, we held a meeting to adjust our schedule, as our director will go abroad on the middle of July.  I continued on my editing work of the Chinese documentary. My second work was almost done. From that documentary, I realized that my interest of television production was focused on the cultural program like the documentary of museum, I possessed the ability to write out the script which could reflect the history and culture effectively and lyrically.



On Tuesday, one of my coworkers met the problem of copyright issue. He wanted to use one piece of music which he thought was quite ideal, but he could not contact the composer timely. He wrought several e-mails to the composer, there was no response. Our director told him it was better for him to abandon this choice, but he did not. Unfortunately, after he completed all the works and be ready to air his work on our channel, the composer gave him the response that he could use only part of them. After a tough negotiation, the composer agreed our request of using his music as the background music.



On Wednesday, our editing work continued normally, most of my coworkers had the rough cut of their documentary almost done.



On Tuesday, we came out of the office to shoot images of another destination—South Coast Plaza, a very famous luxury shopping center in LA. We spent almost a whole day the shot different parts of this plaza. My director told me, this was really a challenging job since we must make sure that all our images has no clear demonstration of the customer’s face to avoid the privacy violation prosecution. From that moment, I got the notion that no matter which public area you were shooting, without the permission from the person you intend to include in your image, the only thing you could do was keep a long distance and let his face looked very vague, or just shoot his or her back.



On Friday, we continued our editing work.








No comments:

Post a Comment